Job title: Associate Counsel
Location: London, UK
Deadline for receipt of applications: 26th August 2022
Contact about the role: Elizabeth Valma, Recruiting Advisor, email@example.com
About the role and how to apply:
- The candidate will be required to handle his/her own workload whilst working with colleagues in the Immigration team as and when required. As such the role is looking for candidates who seek responsibility, are team players and have a positive, proactive attitude.
- Providing advice on EMEA immigration strategy and particular UK, EU and South African immigration matters.
- Preparing applications for employees and clients for the EMEA region.
- Liaising with external counsel on strategy and the preparation of applications.
- Assisting with responding to requests for evidence or immigration appeals.
- Tracking visa milestones and managing the visa application timeline.
- Liaise with the business to provide commercial, pragmatic and salient advice and guidance on business opportunities can be followed at all times.
- Coordinating with Endeavor offices internationally regarding visa requirements for employees and clients.
- Working closely with the global mobility team on employee moves worldwide.
- Advising the businesses on right to work requirements and prevention of illegal working for the EMEA region, specifically UK Home Office compliance.
- Overseeing the management and compliance of all UK Sponsor Licenses.
- Managing legal audit tasks, including the maintenance of documentation for inspection.
- Developing, implementing and conducting training on immigration policies and programs to the businesses.
- Conducting legal research.
- Other legal group administrative tasks, including: maintaining schedules and databases and providing ad hoc administrative support to the lawyers.
Mandatory for Associate Counsel role:
- UK qualified lawyer (or appropriate foreign qualification) who has worked in a commercial environment.
- Strong knowledge of UK immigration law and work authorization issues.
- Knowledge of the Schengen Area, including travel and work requirements within.
- Training and qualification with a well-reputed immigration law firm.
- Previous experience of media and entertainment immigration matters preferable.
- Previous experience of global immigration matters preferable.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize a varied and heavy workload with the ability to plan ahead.
- Able to work to deadlines with efficiency and accuracy.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely with clients of all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to take responsibility and show initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; must be able to interact with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced environment and explain complex concepts to clients and colleagues without legal knowledge and with limited time and patience.
- Outstanding negotiation, drafting, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage coordinators and paralegals.
- A proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
The role will require the relevant person to:
- Be team-orientated and focused.
- Positive and pro-active attitude.
- Develop rapport with immediate and wider colleagues.
- Be disciplined, hard-working and committed.
- Exercise judgement and common sense.
- Have the ability to take ownership and responsibility for projects.
- Be flexible, with a willingness to work outside normal office hours when required, due to the international nature of the industry.
- Have absolute confidentiality and discretion at all times.
This is a permanent position.
The role is based on The Strand, London.
Working hours are 9:30 – 18:00, Monday to Friday
Occasional travel and weekend work may be required
Link to apply to the job:
- Document Date
- Thursday July 28, 2022