- This event has passed.
This introductory course is ideal for all practitioners new to the field of immigration law or those in need of a refresher. This course will provide you with a broad overview and take you on a whistle stop tour of the different areas of immigration, asylum and nationality law. This course aims to provide you with the core foundations of immigration law and help to develop your skills and confidence in this complex and ever-changing area of law.
This course is designed to be interactive and provide you with practical guidance through the use of case studies, pop quizzes and group discussions. You will discuss realistic scenarios to help you to understand how to apply your knowledge of the rules and policies when advising clients.
• Regulation of immigration advice
• Immigration control
• The Immigration Rules
• The Points Based System (PBS)
• The European Economic Area (EEA)
• EU Settlement Scheme
• Family and personal (Appendix FM and British citizenship)
• Enforcement, appeals and detention
• Asylum and refugee
• Legal Aid
• The intersection between immigration, family, community care and public law and working collaboratively within the legal sector.
A reminder that pupil barristers and trainee solicitors who are ILPA members and Category A members (Law Centres, Local Citizens’ Advice Bureaux and not-for-profits) are entitled to the concessionary training price (50% off the members' training price). If you're booking via email please remember to let us know if this applies to you.