- This event has passed.
The theme for this year's Mental Health Awareness Week is 'Nature and the Environment'.
We've compiled a reading list for you to explore the connection between the great outdoors and mental health.
- Losing Eden: why our minds need the wild by Lucy Jones
- The Natural Health Service: how nature can mend your mind by Isabel Hardman
- Into the Forest: how trees can help you find happiness by Dr Qing Li
- Forest Therapy: seasonal ways to embrace nature for a happier you by Sarah Ivens
- Blue Mind: how water makes you happier, more connected and better at what you do by Wallace Nichols
- The Wim Hof Method: activate your potential, transcend your limits by Wim Hof
- The Well-Gardened Mind: The Restorative Power of Nature by Sue Stuart Smith
Here are a few more to give you inspiration to explore the outdoors:
- Lost Lanes: glorious bike rides
- Wild Swimming
- The Walker's Guide to Outdoor Clues and Signs: explore the great outdoors from your armchair
- The Forager's Calendar: a seasonal guide to nature's harvests
- The Collins Garden Birdwatcher's Bible: a practical guide to identifying and understanding garden birds