- This event has passed.
Since 2014, the Tier 1 (Investor) category has undergone a large number of changes, mainly driven by concerns that the category is not delivering sufficient benefits to the UK economy nor is it attracting the type of applicants that the UK Government wishes to encourage to come to the UK.
These changes, often introduced with no consultation, have led to the Immigration Rules being inconsistent, difficult to interpret and challenging to comply with.
The course will look at the challenging situations which practitioners frequently face when advising on Tier 1 (Investor) applications and how to resolve them.
The session will concentrate on issues relating to the source, investment and maintenance of the required funds.
• Source of funds requirements
• Definition of qualifying investments
• Requirements for making and maintaining the investment
• Obtaining the required documentation from bankers and wealth managers to support initial, extension and indefinite leave to remain applications
• Switching from the £1m to the £2m category
13:45 – 14:00 Registration
14:00 – 14:10 Introduction
14:10 – 14:30 Source of funds
14:30 – 14:50 Qualifying investments
14:50 – 15:10 Making and maintaining investment
15:10 – 15:30 Documentation required from bankers / wealth managers
15:30 – 15:50 Switching from the £1m to the £2m category
15:50 – 16:00 Final Q&A and takeaways