- This event has passed.
WEB 1044 is FREE. Book your place HERE.
This course examines the main ways in which Irish nationals and the people of Northern Ireland, Irish British or both, enjoy rights in UK immigration law (and thus nationality law) distinct from those enjoyed by other EEA nationals and other British citizens.
- The status of Irish nationals in UK immigration law before, and after the UK’s exit from the EU
- Proposed s 3ZA of the Immigration Act 1971
- When is an Irish national settled/without restriction of time in the UK?
- Irish nationality through birth in Northern Ireland
- Nationality in the Belfast Agreement
- The people of Northern Ireland in the Belfast Agreement
- The De Souza case
- The rights of family members of Irish citizens and the people of Northern Ireland in UK immigration and nationality law