Reviewing the protection afforded by Article 8 ECHR in 2021, in conjunction with recent authorities and policy/statutory changes, in order to equip practitioners for their cases relying on family and private life.
The topics include:
- the relationship between Article 8 and the Immigration Rules and the public interest considerations in the NIAA 2002 (as amended);
- 'insurmountable obstacles' and family life;
- best interests of children;
- dependent relatives, carers, and 'non-standard' family life;
- Article 8 and students/workers;
- criminal deportation; and,
- Article 8 and appeals, including 'new matters'