- This event has passed.
In this webinar, we will look at the adult dependent relative rules and how to overcome the difficulties with meeting the test of requiring the long term personal care to perform everyday tasks and showing that care is not reasonably available or affordable in the home country. We will consider authorities and how these have clarified the test. There will be a detailed look at policy guidance, practical tips and examples.
This webinar will allow more effective applications to be submitted and for better challenges to adverse decisions.
In this webinar, we will cover the following:
• The requirements in Appendix FM
• A detailed look at the test of age, illness, disability requiring long term personal care to perform everyday tasks under E-ECDR 2.4
• Analysis of test of inability to obtain the required level of care in the home country under E-ECDR 2.5
• The specified evidence requirements
• A detailed look at UKVI Policy Guidance and how this can best be used to assist applications under EC-DR
• The current authorities, how these have explained this test further, with examples of the circumstances the courts and Tribunals have found unconvincing
• A discussion on useful evidence and arguments to advance in applications and appeals
• Making arguments with reference to these provisions when Applicants are already in the UK
• Case Activity / Group Discussions
A reminder that pupil barristers and trainee solicitors who are ILPA members and Category A members (Law Centres, Local Citizens’ Advice Bureaux and not-for-profits) are entitled to the concessionary training price (50% off the members' training price).