- This event has passed.
This session will enable immigration practitioners to understand the basic principles of inter-country adoption and the immigration routes to allow internationally adopted children to enter the UK
• Different forms of inter-country adoption.
• Immigration routes to entering the UK as an adopted child
• ECOs attitudes to foreign adoptions
• Evidence needed to ensure children are permitted to enter
• Citizenship registration of internationally adopted children
• Current issues of concern, including the concept of ‘habitual residence,’ ‘special restriction’ adoptions and kafala adoptions