The appeal regime is a complicated. The right to appeal and grounds of appeal were severely restricted through the Immigration Act 2014. Practitioners need to be familiar with the current system and the complexity of raising new issues in appeals.
In this webinar, we will cover the following:
• A look at rights of appeal and grounds of appeal under the Nationality Immigration and Asylum Act 2002
• The complexities of raising new matters in appeals and s120 statements
• Consideration of the current authorities on appeal rights and new matters
• A detailed look at UKVI Policy Guidance on Rights of Appeal and how practitioners can best make use of this
• Practical tips for preparing appeals and arguing new matters
• Case Activity / Group Discussions
A reminder that pupil barristers and trainee solicitors who are ILPA members and Category A members (Law Centres, Local Citizens’ Advice Bureaux and not-for-profits) are entitled to the concessionary training price (50% off the members' training price).