Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book you free place.
In this webinar, we will look at how to successfully argue claims based on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM). We will discuss the need for expert medical and country evidence and what this should address. We will have a detailed look at various country guidance decisions and useful Policy Guidance documents. There will also be a consideration of the link between asylum and immigration law and FGM protection orders.
In this webinar, we will aim to cover the following:
• An understanding of what FGM is, including the types of FGM, the prevalence of the practice globally, cultural underpinnings and motives, consequences of FGM, issues relevant to risk
• A quick overview of the Female Genital Mutilation Act 2003 and the mandatory reporting duties
• FGM Protection Orders (FGMPO) and the link between these and asylum law
• A look at relevant UKVI Policy Guidance
• Useful country guidance decisions to discuss risk factors, how to address arguments on credibility, state protection and internal relocation
• Dealing with practical issues such as anonymity and vulnerable applicants
• Expert evidence
• Practical tips and examples
• Case Activity / Group Discussions