Job title: Immigration Advisor
Organisation: Kiran Support Services
Deadline for receipt of applications: 14 October 2021
Salary: £35,745 (pro rata for 3/4 days)
Contact about the role: Kiran Support Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role and how to apply:
Kiran Support Services Vacancy for OISC Level 3 South Asian Female Immigration Advisor
• 3-5 days depending on candidate
• £35,745 full time (pro rata for 3/4 days)
Kiran Support Services (KSS) provides specialist services to Asian women fleeing domestic abuse through the provision of refuge accommodation, advice, advocacy and counselling services.
In 2018, we expanded our services to include immigration advice and casework support to women fleeing domestic abuse with an insecure immigration status. We are now recruiting a qualified part-time Immigration Advisor.
The successful candidate will manage a complex caseload and will support securing the immigration status of service users.
You will have:
• OISC Level 3 or equivalent qualification.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the legal field and in areas such as immigration law, family law, domestic violence, welfare benefits and housing, providing legal advice and advocacy to Asian/ BME women who have experienced domestic abuse.
• Up to date working knowledge of Home Office policies relating to domestic abuse including Destitute Domestic Violence Concession and Asylum is essential.
• Working knowledge of housing, welfare benefits and the criminal justice system is essential.
• Fluency in at least one South Asian language (Urdu/ Punjabi preferred)
This post is funded by Trust for London
Due to the sensitive nature of this role, we will be considering female applicants only for this post in accordance with the provisions of the Occupational Requirement (Equality Act 2010, pursuant to schedule 9 part 1).
For a recruitment pack please email: email@example.com, or call 0208 558 1986.
The closing date for completed applications is midnight 14th October 2021 by email and 5.00pm 14th October 2021 for postal applications.
- Document Date
- Wednesday September 22, 2021