Job title: Immigration Consultant
Based: Hybrid WFH / Aldgate Tower, London
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours of work: 9:00am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
Application Deadline: 24 September 2021
There is more to just providing legal advice and strategic guidance. We are here to help our clients seize new opportunities that stimulate growth. We put our hearts and energy into building meaningful, lasting relationships and are passionate about connecting people.
If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling career in a supportive, inclusive and high performance work environment where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential, Ince could be the firm for you.
As a global law firm, we recognise that everyone has a part to play in realising our vision. We aim to have a “One Firm; One Team” mind-set in everything we do, where everyone in the firm is treated with respect and equal value. We thrive on the challenges our work brings, but it’s important to us that our people have time to make the most of life outside of work too.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our UK Immigration Team as an Immigration Consultant. We are currently open to applications for an experienced caseworker who has demonstrable operational UK immigration case-working experience, gained either, in a law firm, an immigration consultancy or the Home Office, with an emphasis on business and employment related immigration routes into the United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Immigration Team at our London offices and report to the Director of Immigration. In this position you will advise private and corporate clients on their UK immigration options via a consultation at our offices, on-line, or over the telephone and then take their applications forward through all stages to conclusion.
Our Immigration Team work on a diverse range of complex challenges facing their clients and you will have the opportunity to support and learn from some of the best minds in the business, working alongside our highly regarded Partners and Associates on a stimulating caseload, taking on more responsibility as your experience grows.
Role Responsibilities and Experience
• Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the UK Immigration Rules
• Successful background applying for Sponsor Licences for UK employers and Skilled Worker Visas and other business related immigration routes, such as Tier 1 Investor Visas, Innovators, Sole Representatives and Global Talent Visas.
• Familiar with managing and updating Sponsor Management Systems, and applying for and assigning Certificates of Sponsorship.
• Experience of dealing with UK family related migration applications both “in country” and via Visa Application Centres abroad would be beneficial but not essential.
• Assisting the Director of Immigration with all necessary matter as relate to immigration.
• Drafting emails, letters, notes of advice, court documents and statements
• Building client relationships and participating in business development initiatives
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional presentation and problem solving skills
• Strong attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills essential
• Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously and pro-actively
• Proven multi-tasker
• Able to demonstrate the ongoing use of initiative
• Used to delivering against short deadlines and in the sometimes pressured environment of court deadlines
• Salary is competitive and you will be eligible for the firm’s discretionary bonus scheme
• 25 days annual leave including the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
• Private Health Insurance
• Life Assurance at 4x Salary
• Income Protection Cover
• Optical Care vouchers and many more benefits and discounts
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV in the first instance to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
Appointment is subject to the appropriate basic disclosure/DBS checks, and satisfactory references.
This vacancy is open to direct applicants only, no agencies please.
- Document Date
- Tuesday September 7, 2021