Job title: Freelance Virtual Immigration Solicitor & Caseworker
Organisation: Andrew Williams Solicitors
Location: United Kingdom
Deadline for receipt of applications:
Salary: Profit share between 25% – 30%
Contact about the role: Andrew Willimas/Shannon Brown
About the role and how to apply:
All UK businesses are facing new challenges in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are all now faced with the new challenges of being productive whilst working from home. Andrew Williams Solicitors like many other Solicitors practices have had to adapt to the current circumstances in order to continue growing. Our response has been to invested in new case management software that allows us to work remotely with freelance Solicitors and Caseworkers from anywhere in the UK.
If you have experienced the benefits of remote working for the first time as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and would like to continue to work with greater freedom and flexibility, or you are already working as a consultant immigration lawyer or caseworker and looking for a consistent pipeline of work we would like to discuss the possibility of joining our team.
Those joining our team will need to possess excellent communication and writing skills and be confident when dealing with clients and individuals employed by professional bodies. This role will see you working alongside a team of immigration specialists and support staff. You will be handing your own caseload of private immigration matters.
This opportunity is suited to entrepreneurial immigration lawyers and caseworkers who are capable of managing both their own financial and our client affairs in a professional manner.
You will need to keep track of your own income and expenses and raise your invoice for payment as and when you have completed assigned case matters. You will need to promptly reply to client emails and telephone messages to stay on top of your client care responsibilities and any important deadlines.
Although supervised, you will be expected to keep on top of your own workload. You will have access to our bespoke case management software and will manage most of your assigned case matters from there. The successful freelancer will have the flexibility to decide how many cases they are willing to take on at any one time.
We win the leads and our freelance solicitors and caseworkers deliver the services whilst earning a share of the overall case profits. With our profit share benefits offer successful applicants can earn partner-level incomes without the partner level headache. Unlike other firms we have no expectation that you will bring your own clients as we offer you as much work as you want to undertake.
Skills and Key Responsibilities:
You will need to possess excellent communication and writing skills and be confident when dealing with clients and individuals employed by professional bodies. This role requires you to have great time management skills as you will be responsible for the administration of your own assigned cases from consultation to final decision.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Managing your own caseload of private clients
• Providing professional advice to clients in relation to all UK immigration matters.
• Taking clients’ instructions, drafting witness statements, skeleton arguments, representations and other important documents.
• Drafting applications, preparing appeal bundles, bail applications and drafting briefs to counsel.
• Handle all client matters in a professional and efficient manner.
• Maintain electronic files in an orderly and tidy manner, ensuring at all times, disbursements and other items are recorded quickly and accurately.
• Record all attendance, instructions, add files notes and telephone notes on each electronic file.
• Using our own in-house case management system for file management and compliance purposes.
You will be joining an integrated team of commercially minded, experienced Immigration lawyers. We are an entrepreneurial and innovative small firm with high aspirations. We are regulated by the Law Society and the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and specialise in Immigration Law. Our firm was formed over 16 years ago by the Principal Solicitor. We are a small but busy firm that prepares and submits all types of private UK Immigration matters on behalf of organisations and individuals. We are proud to say that our success rates are remarkable.
What can we offer you?
• A flexible working environment whilst working from home and an opportunity that is radically different to the norm.
• The opportunity for you to evolve your career with a growing company leading innovation in the UK Immigration legal services sector with genuine autonomy and flexibility.
• Highly competitive profit share fees per case.
• Quality, technically challenging work with a firm with a refreshing approach to winning and servicing immigration clients.
• All the necessary case management software required to do your job.
• Legal resources (such as our in-house template library and ILPA resources).
• Open and free access to our administrative support team and external service providers.
• We offer help with I.T, invoicing and compliance/regulation issues.
The ideal candidate must:
• Be hardworking and committed.
• Possess excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Have a good understanding of Microsoft word excel and outlook.
• Possess the ability to work effectively with team members.
• Organisational and time management skills.
• Have good attention to detail.
• Always maintain confidentiality.
Ideal Qualifications and/or Experience
• Previous experience in a similar role such as; Immigration Solicitor/Immigration fee earner or caseworker or Immigration Paralegal.
• LLB or Law related degree/diploma/equivalent
• Registered at OISC Level 2 or 3
• This role requires the ideal candidate to have a minimum of 2+ years PQE of immigration and asylum work.
• Working knowledge of immigration/asylum law application and practices.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you hold some of the qualifications and/or experience listed above. The ideal candidate should ideally have experience of running their own private cases in a similar role and have excellent client care and communication skills.
Other than the ideal qualifications and or experience all you require is a clean practicing certificate (practicing solicitors only), a laptop and a mobile phone.
If you wish to apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com
Successful applicants will be contacted by email within 14 days. No agencies please.
- Document Date
- Monday September 7, 2020