Job title: Immigration Advice Worker
Organisation: Kiran Support Services
Deadline for receipt of applications: 31 January 2021
Contact about the role: please email email@example.com or call 020 8558196 for an information pack
About the role and how to apply:
Kiran Support Services Vacancy for OISC Level 1 Asian Female Immigration Advice Worker
• Full time – 35 hours per week
• 1 year fixed term contract (extension possible subject to funding)
• £27,905 per annum
Kiran Support Services provides specialist support to Asian women experiencing all forms of VAWG. Kiran provides refuge accommodation across two London boroughs, resettlement, outreach and advocacy support and advice services including specialist immigration casework support and counselling to help women make informed choices about their future. Kiran also provides specialist support to children through therapeutic play activities and one to one support.
We are currently recruiting an OISC Level 1 Immigration Advice Worker to support our OISC Level 3 Immigration Advisor who provides high quality advice and casework support to the women living in our refuges that have an insecure immigration status/ no recourse to public funds, and for the women accessing our outreach and advice services. Since the introduction of our specialist immigration advice service in 2018 we have seen demand increase leading to the creation of this new role.
The successful candidate will support the Immigration Advisor with the collation of evidence to submit substantive applications to the Home Office, deal with general email and telephone enquiries and act as a point of contact within the organisation to channel all immigration enquiries to the correct department or sign post to the relevant organisation for support if they do not meet Kiran’s referral criteria.
As the successful candidate you will have:
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the voluntary sector/ legal field and in areas such as immigration law, family law, domestic violence, welfare benefits and housing, providing legal advice and advocacy to Asian/ BME women who have experienced domestic violence and abuse
• Up to date working knowledge of Home Office policies relating to domestic violence including Destitute Domestic Violence Concession and Asylum is essential
• Working knowledge of housing, welfare benefits and the criminal justice system is essential
• Fluency in at least one South Asian language (Urdu/ Punjabi preferred)
This post is funded by Imkaan VAWG COVID-9 Fund
Due to the sensitive nature of this role we will be considering female applicants only for this post in accordance with the provisions of the Occupational Requirement (Equality Act 2010, pursuant to schedule 9 part 1).
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a full application pack or call 020 8558 1986
Closing date for completed applications is midnight 31st January 2021
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 restrictions we are only accepting applications by email.
- Document Date
- Friday January 8, 2021