Job title: Immigration Caseworker
Organisation: Immigration Advice Service
Deadline for receipt of applications:
Salary: £20000 – £35,000.00
Contact about the role: HRadmin firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role and how to apply:
The Immigration Advice Service is the UK’s leading Immigration Service Provider, each year we help thousands of people and businesses with their immigration needs.
We have vacancies for Immigration specialists to join Immigration Advice Service and are seeking applications from suitably qualified and motivated applicants. (Immigration Advisors mainly undertaking advice sessions over the phone or video link, or Immigration Caseworkers specialising in advice and applications. (OISC Level 1, 2 or 3)
Please highlight which of the vacancies you wish to apply for in your cover letter. Send to HRadmin email@example.com
Candidates without OISC Level 1 – 3 or IAAS Level 2 will not be considered for Caseworker/Advisor position
As an Immigration Adviser at IAS you will be the face of the company. Working alongside an exceptional team of other Immigration Specialists, you will be the first person our clients speak to in depth about their Immigration matter.
You will be holding consultations with clients on all aspects of Immigration, in accordance with your level of OISC accreditation, advising them on their options and setting out a plan of action to assist them in resolving their immigration matters. This role will involve taking detailed instructions from clients and using your wealth of Immigration experience to advise them correctly and answer any questions they have. You will need to be a quick thinker, not afraid to use your initiative, with the ability to deal with complex queries on a range of Immigration topics. Knowledge of various caselaw and Home Office concessions will be an added bonus.
This is a challenging role suited to an ambitious Caseworker with excellent client care and interpersonal skills. You will have the ability to communicate clearly with clients to ensure they understand the, often complex, options available to them, providing this information both orally and in writing.
• Develop and nurture rapport with prospective and existing clients
• Immigration law research
• Advise client’s of their options under applicable UK immigration law, procedure and practice.
• Present our services favourably and in a structured professional way that addresses the client’s needs
• Review own performance via business intelligence dashboard, aiming to meet or exceed defined targets
• Ensure all case management systems are fully updated in line with company process
• Liaise with Immigration Authorities, other agencies, and groups as required.
• Attend clients in prison and detention centres and surgeries on occasions where appropriate.
• Keep up-to-date at all times with changes in Immigration/Asylum law by reading, attending training events and using a computer for reference purposes.
• Complete any other records in connection with advice sessions to meet company requirements as appropriate and as required by Management.
• Accredited to at least OISC level 1
• Recent experience in a similar role with a proven track record of consistently achieving quality and financial targets
You should also have a commercial awareness and practical IT skills. It is essential that you have strong ethical standards, fantastic team spirit, but most importantly be humble and passionate about the work carried out.
So, what skills will you need to succeed?
• Fully accredited to OISC level 1, 2 or 3
• 2 years minimum experience of working in the immigration sector to OISC or IAAS standards.
• Excellent drafting skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• A confident and determined approach.
• A high degree of self-motivation and drive.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines.
• Be organized and methodical in your approach.
• Candidates with IAAS accreditation will be considered.
Benefits associated with all vacancies:
Basic Salary: Competitive and negotiable depending on qualifications & experience
Some Benefits offered include:
• Part Time or Full-time hours available (22.5 hrs to 37.5 hrs)
• Health Cash plan
• Private medical/dental insurance
• Wellness programs
• Company events & social hours
• Education reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Sickness protection scheme
• Pay rise and/or bonus available on completion of targets
• 28 days holidays including bank holiday
• Generous contributory pension scheme
• Flexible working & supportive workplace culture
• Development opportunities and support offered to committed candidates willing to apply themselves, grow & progress
Interviews will be held virtually on Microsoft Teams in keeping with safe distancing
Candidates with some work experience in Immigration/Law degree may apply for the Paralegal position.
Some Key responsibilities;
1) To deal with enquiries from new clients over the telephone and in person or by email.
2) Provide information and advice on immigration and asylum law and answer enquiries from clients and deal with telephone and drop-in callers where appropriate.
3) To undertake casework and manage a caseload up to a level of OISC competence or accreditation for legal aid work.
4) Provide clients with information relating to progress on their existing cases and advice on the appropriate law and policies and procedures (where appropriate), ensuring details of advice given is set down on attendance notes.
5) Prepare documentation, including letters and other correspondence in relation to clients’ cases.
6) Provide casework and administrative support to our staff. In particular, taking initial instructions from new clients, taking further instructions where necessary, drafting statements and preparing other documents for entry clearance/Home Office applications and for court hearings, instructing medical and country experts, assisting with advising clients under supervision.
· Degree level education with Legal background, could be through legal practice, similar paralegal jobs or studies or equivalent or LLB or law related degree
· Ability to formulate detailed legal representations.
· Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and contract targets
· Ability to work on own initiative and prioritize own work
· An understanding and sensitivity to other cultures and commitment to Equal Opportunities
· You should also have a commercial awareness and practical IT skills. It is essential that you have strong ethical standards, fantastic team spirit, but most importantly be humble and passionate about the work carried out.
Job Types: 37.5 hours per week, Full-time, Permanent
Paralegal Salary: £18,000.00 per year
- Document Date
- Tuesday September 21, 2021