Initial 3 months fixed term immigration contract with the possibility of extension
Salary range: NJC scale SP 28-37 £35,067-£43,599
For an informal discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The immigration team at Southwark Law Centre deliver specialist legal advice and assistance including outreach, telephone and email advice to frontline advice agencies and casework including appeals and judicial review. The need for our services has never been greater.
We have a number of projects that we need some extra short term support with:
- Immigration advice for rough sleepers: The project is aiming to assist people to regularise their immigration status, and gain access to financial support, and longer term accommodation.
- Help with more complex EU Settlement applications particularly those relating to marginalised groups such as Zambrano Carers and people with suitability issues.
The successful applicant will have at least two years recent, professional experience of providing immigration casework in a legal or advice setting and Law Society Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Level 2 or higher.
You will also demonstrate experience of working on a Legal Aid immigration contract.
If the successful applicant is not a solicitor they will need to be regulated by the OISC. Law Society Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Level 2 exempts the caseworker in the asylum and protection category for OISC regulation but they will need to undertake OISC assessment exams at level one and three in the immigration category, if they have not already done so.
Staff are currently being encouraged to work from home and only attend the office to see client’s, where absolutely necessary. We are aiming to make the office as safe as possible for staff and volunteers.
Terms and conditions include:
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Flexible working policy
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
Our policy re starting salary
- 1 extra scale point for a solicitor qualification
- Relevant casework experience 0-2 years SP28 (SP29 if qualified)
- Relevant casework experience 2-3 years SP29 (SP31 if qualified)
- Relevant casework experience 3-4 years SP30 (SP31 if qualified)
- Relevant casework experience 4-5 years SP31 (SP32 if qualified)
- Relevant casework of 5 years + SP32 (SP33 if qualified)
Southwark Law Centre is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who believe they fit the essential key skills and abilities required of the role. We encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex (gender) and sexual orientation.
For an application pack please visit: www.southwarklawcentre.org.uk
Closing date for applications: Monday 1st March 2021
- Document Date
- Friday February 19, 2021