Immigration Solicitor / Caseworker
We are looking for an immigration solicitor or OISC advisor.
The role requires giving initial advice by email and telephone to new enquiries for UK Immigration Law and preparing engagement letters for those that wish to proceed with Westkin’s services.
(a) understand the clients circumstances by taking detailed instructions;
(b) provide initial advice on options open to the client
(c) devise strategy moving forward
(d) quote fees
(e) arrange next steps
(f) issue client care letters
(g) act as account manager for that client as their immigration matter proceeds.
Applicants must be 2 years PQE or have held level 1 OISC / LSC accreditation or better for at least 2 years.
Due to the nature of the role the applicant will need experience in making visa applications both inside the UK and outside the UK for fiancée, spouse and same sex UK visas, EEA and extensions of the same is a pre-requisite of this role. Preference will be given to those who are also able to advise on a wide range of immigration issues, including PBS matters. Experience in commercial aspects of immigration preferred, including experience quoting fees, building key networks and providing high quality client experience by telephone.
We are both an SRA regulated solicitor’s firm and OISC regulated firm, based in Mayfair in the West End of London. We are currently offering the choice to staff of either working remotely or in our offices and will do so until Jan 2021 at the earliest.
How to apply: send CV/Cover letter to Emily.email@example.com
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducting client consultations by phone and video and advising on immigration law.
- Liaising with client and other third parties to obtain correct documentation and information
- To remain up to date with all relevant legislation changes and policy updates
- To follow internal policy in regards to data management and client confidentiality and general company policy.
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, making clients feel valued
- A willingness to learn and a growth mindset.
- Commercial awareness
- Genuine affection for UK Immigration Law, and commitment to the rights of those making applications.
Whilst the role is envisaged to be full-time, we are committed to ensuring access to work for all, and there is some flexibility as to start time and working hours. Most flexible working arrangements considered for high quality candidates.
Salary Package: Salary and Commission, On Target Earnings in first year: circa £70,000
- Document Date
- Monday September 28, 2020