Job title: Operations Manager
Organisation: Turpin & Miller LLP
Deadline for receipt of applications:
Salary: From £32,500
Contact about the role: Philip Turpin
About the role and how to apply:
About Turpin & Miller
We are a specialist law firm engaged across the whole spectrum of business and personal immigration and citizenship law. We also have an experienced housing team, working to keep our clients in their homes and defending the rights of the homeless.
This is a new role for an operations professional to lead and deliver the operations of the firm. You will be based in our Oxford office with the possibility of remote working and either part time or a flexible working week. Reporting to the partners, you will provide operational management across the firm, including:
• Financial Planning. You will be closely involved with planning and strategy. With the finance manager you will prepare operational budgets and forecasts for the partners. You will examine financial data and report on ways and means to improve profitability.
• Administration. You will be responsible for smooth and effective day to day administration and processes. You will solve problems, identify opportunities and ensure continuing compliance with our Lexcel accreditation.
• People Management. You will work with a large and diverse team of solicitors, caseworkers, paralegals, trainees and support staff, both office-based and working remotely. You will oversee recruitment, induction, training, development and welfare. You will draft new policies and documents as needed.
• IT and Data Management. Alongside our external IT support you will oversee and improve our IT infrastructure. You will lead on IT strategy and you will identify the opportunities for the continuing digital evolution of the firm.
• Marketing. You will help design and implement a marketing and social media strategy, raising the profile of the firm and promoting our many achievements.
Your qualifications, skills and experience
You must be able to work independently and think creatively. You will work hard in a fast-moving environment and will be ready to get stuck into the day-to-day operation of a busy law firm.
You are likely to have a degree, or significant experience, in business, operations management, HR or a related field. You will have had experience in operations as either a business, finance or people manager, with experience in a law firm and with change management.
You will have experience in financial budgeting and forecasting. You will be confident with CRM and the suite of MS office software.
You will have an excellent command of English, both oral and written. You will be ready to prepare and deliver high quality reports, policies, and presentations.
You must be committed to the work we do and the clients we serve.
How to apply for this job
Please submit a CV with a supporting statement explaining why you are applying for this role and how you will be able to do the job, giving examples of your skills and experience. Email your documents to Emily Hathaway firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Operations Manager’ in the subject line.
We will interview shortlisted applicants remotely on Teams.
We do not provide feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted.
We will accept direct applications only and will not consider any applications via agencies.
Personal data of unsuccessful candidates will be deleted within six months of the completion of the recruitment process.
- Document Date
- Friday April 9, 2021