Job title: Paralegal
Organisation: Bishop & Sewell LLP
Location: Russell Square, London
Deadline for receipt of applications: 31 October 2021
Salary: £25,000 – £27,000
Contact about the role: Louise Moyles
About the role and how to apply:
Bright, confident paralegal needed for our Legal 500 recommended Immigration Team in central London.
We are a small, busy practice that covers a full range of immigration and citizenship work, including all personal and business matters. The role will involve assisting the team’s immigration solicitors with a range of legal and administrative work.
We are looking for someone with:
• A proven commitment to and experience of immigration law
• Legal graduate (LLB or equivalent)
• LPC or intention to pursue this
• A strong academic record
• Previous paralegal / advisory experience – particularly in a private/business immigration setting
• An ability to prioritise and manage deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail as well as a common sense approach
An understanding of immigration law is required but we do expect you to learn on the job to some extent, with the capacity to handle increasingly complex work.
The position will require you to undertake legal research, liaise with clients and third parties, draft advice letters, witness statements and legal representations, prepare document lists and complete application forms among other tasks. It will also require you to undertake administrative work for the team such as file openings, AML procedures, billing and filing, among other things.
If you wish to apply, please forward your covering letter and CV to Louise Moyles – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Document Date
- Wednesday October 13, 2021