Job title: Content and Digital Channels Manager
Organisation: Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association
Salary: £35-38k depending upon experience
Working hours: Full-time
Location: Hybrid / London
Application deadline: 5pm Monday 17th October 2022
Application: Please submit your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should highlight why you are applying for this position and how you meet the personal specification, providing examples where applicable.
Please find the full job specification, application form and equalities monitoring below linked below.
Successful candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
Interview date: Thursday, 27 October 2022
- We plan to hold the interviews in person, but we can accommodate interviews online at request. Please notify us in your application if we need to make any reasonable adjustments to accommodate you at the interview.
Start date: As soon as possible
Reporting to: Chief Executive
About the team: We are a small team of 6 full-time and 2 part-time staff. We all work partly from our office in Farringdon/Barbican and partly from home, with two of the team based outside of London.
About the role: We are looking for an individual to join our small, friendly and dedicated team, who will be working collaboratively across the organisation to deliver a high-quality service to our passionate and committed members. We are looking for a confident administrator for a programme of activities relating to our content and digital channels. This position would suit a self-motivated individual who is committed to our charitable objectives, and wants to help further them by developing and executing our content strategy; managing and improving our website; maintaining our crucial online archive of updates, documents, and data; and coordinating our working groups in which ILPA members come together to share information and views, and discuss emerging issues and influencing policy.
- Co-ordinate production of a ‘weekly update’ email to members, alerting them to relevant ILPA and general updates in immigration, asylum and nationality law
- Liaise with the legal policy team and other ILPA stakeholders to commission blogs and content in line with ILPA’s external communications strategy
- Develop and apply an editorial style guide
- Edit all content, ensuring that it is accurate, appropriate, and suitable for publication
- Upload content to the website, and maintain the currency and functionality of our online archive of information, data and documents.
- Liaise with Bloomsbury, our publisher, and the editiorial board in relation to ILPA’s Journal of Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Law
- Track impact and success of content through relevant analytics to inform our content strategy
- Track and monitor publications aimed at immigration practitioners to inform our content strategy
- Work with colleagues and members to develop a content strategy that best supports members’ information needs
- Coordinate the ILPA working groups, including by disseminating information to working groups via email, liaising with working group co-convenors, setting up Zoom meetings, management of the ILPA Outlook calendar and the members’ calendar on website
- Manage publication of content on the ILPA website (including uploading information and resources; maintaining currency & functionality)
- Liaise with our external website IT team to ensure developments are undertaken efficiently
- Be the first point of contact for ILPA members with IT related issues, such as issues with logging onto the website or booking training online
- Work with the Chief Executive to upgrade the ILPA website to improve the user experience
- Disseminate ILPA generated content through appropriate channels
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and the selected candidate may be required to undertake other relevant duties as directed by the Chief Executive.
Essential skills, experience, and qualities:
- Experience of content commissioning and editorial management
- Experience of developing content strategies
- Experience of producing content with a user-centric focus (i.e. experience producing user data, conducting user research and translating it into useful content)
- Excellent digital publishing skills (including CMS management and UX design)
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to communicate legal and technical information orally and in writing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to positively communicate with a wide range of people in a professional setting, and demonstrable ability to communicate effectively in challenging situations
- Excellent planning, coordination, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to take a proactive approach to independent working, managing workstreams effectively, and the confidence to take responsibility for tasks and decisions
- Experience of working successfully in busy cross functional teams
- Commitment to the principles of a non-racist, non-sexist, just, and equitable system of immigration, asylum and nationality law
- Commitment to the principles of equality, diversity, and inclusion, and taking a proactive approach to espousing these principles
- Commitment to be a champion of ILPA by positively encouraging your team, identifying and encouraging opportunities for growth, and celebrating success
Desirable skills, experience, and qualities:
- Experience of working with professional authors
- A digital publishing or copywriting qualification
- A relevant qualification in law, or experience of working in immigration, asylum and nationality law in the UK
- Experience of working within a charitable, membership or professional organisation
- An interest in and/or understanding of the immigration, asylum and nationality law sector in the UK
- Lived experience of the UK immigration system
- Document Date
- Friday September 30, 2022