ILPA was set up in 1984 and now has over 4,000 members. We are dedicated to providing the services needed by our members to enable them to practice effectively. Additionally, we work with stakeholders to help develop law, regulations and policy that create a just and equitable immigration system. Find out more about ILPA >
Why you should join ILPA…
- Improve your practice by gaining access to the best source of immigration law updates, including the latest from the Home Office, and our unique archive of immigration law materials.
- Become part of a community of like-minded practitioners sharing knowledge, expertise and experience in immigration law.
- Membership allows you to join specialist working groups in your practice area, either remotely or in person, and join ILPA’s online discussion forum.
- Benefit from reduced rates, or free access, to ILPA’s highly regarded training programme.
- Support ILPA’s legal and policy work with parliamentarians, the Home Office and other government agencies.
Benefits of joining ILPA
|Benefit||Keep me informed||Save me money||CPD||Network|
|Reduced rates for ILPA training, and access to a range of free member-only webinars||✅||✅||✅|
|Regular update emails on policy and developments||✅||✅|
|Full access to ILPA’s comprehensive online resource archive||✅||✅|
|Participate in specialist members-only Working Groups, Google Group and email distribution lists||✅||✅||✅|
|Network with like-minded individuals working in immigration, asylum and nationality law||✅|
|Get involved in ILPA’s influencing work, responding to Government consultations and calls for evidence||✅||✅|
|Help identify systemic issues to be escalated to the Home Office (where appropriate and subject to capacity)||✅||✅|
|Get involved by speaking at our events||✅||✅|
|Special Members rates for advertising on our jobs board||✅|
|Get listed in our Members Directory||✅|
|Discounted subscription to ILPA’s official journal, The Journal of Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Law||✅||✅|
|Promote your ILPA Member Logo||✅|
|Attend our AGM||✅||✅||✅|
|Have a say in how the organisation is run||✅||✅|
1. Set up: Select which category of membership you fit
3. Apply: Complete the simple online form
The applications are then reviewed for approval by our Committee of Trustees. We send an invoice for payment once the membership has been approved, and once the invoice is paid you can start enjoying the full benefits of ILPA membership. Those giving advice and representation must be regulated by a recognised professional body, with a code of conduct and the power to discipline its members. Full details are set out in Articles 3 and 4 of ILPA’s Articles of Association. Membership is open to individuals, and organisations. Members must adhere to ILPA’s Guidelines for members.