Job title: Senior Editor
Organisation: Thomson Reuters https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en.html
Location: Canary Wharf / Remote
Deadline for receipt of applications: ASAP
Salary: £400 per day
Contact about the role: Fanni Mozes – firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role and how to apply: Senior Editor, Immigration
Business Unit: Product Management and Editorial – Practical Law
Our Legal organisation focuses on connecting our customers’ businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company in 2013. We are very excited about the next stage in our growth and how you can play a part in it.
To write content for online publication and maintain existing content on UK immigration law on Practical Law, ensuring all content is of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and customer needs.
You Will Have The Following Responsibilities:
– Researching, writing, commissioning and delivering well-written, up-to-date content for online publication that reflects current market legal practice and is of the quality and scope that meets the business objectives and needs of customers.
– Keeping up-to-date with all relevant law, practice and market developments so that all content for which you are responsible reflects and takes account of current practice and up-to-date law and market trends.
– Maintaining all content for which you are responsible to ensure it is up-to-date and continues to be of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and needs of customers.
– Developing relationships with third parties with a view to obtaining contributions of content or improving content through third party insights into law or practice.
– Attending training events, conferences and talks and otherwise networking with customers and potential customers and with industry leaders who may influence immigration practice.
– Helping with the development of Practical Law’s UK immigration offering and, more generally with the development of Practical Law Practice Areas.
– Supporting marketing and sales and all other parts of the business to help formulate and deliver business objectives.
– Supporting and mentoring colleagues in relation to writing and maintaining content, including through sub-editing and peer review.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
– Substantial experience of advising employers and individuals on the full range of UK business immigration matters.
– Significant and substantial post qualification experience in UK immigration law practice.
– Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
– Experience in producing well-written practical legal content efficiently and of a nature that will be relevant for publication and/or teaching.
– Experience in using technology to create and disseminate online content.
– Excellent attention to detail.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
– Excellent knowledge of online research databases.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
– Previous experience working in a legal/publishing environment, using technology to create and disseminate online content.
– Qualified solicitor, barrister or legal executive.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realise innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
- Document Date
- Wednesday May 20, 2020