Job title: Team Leader/Solicitor Immigration and Asylum
Organisation: BHT Sussex
Location: Brighton – with an opportunity for some remote working
Working pattern: 30 to 37 hours per week
Salary: £43,971 per annum, pro rata
Deadline for receipt of applications: 3rd November 2023 at 12 noon
Interview Date: 10th November 2023
Contact about the role: Suzanne Hennell – email@example.com
About the role and how to apply:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader / Solicitor to play a vital role in providing support at our Immigration Legal Service based in Brighton. We want to hear from you if you are an Immigration and Asylum Solicitor who has experience of managing a staff team and have the necessary accreditation to provide supervision.
As a Team Leader / Solicitor you will be working for a people-led organisation whose mission is ‘combating homelessness, creating opportunities, promoting change.’
This is an opportunity for an experienced Immigration and Asylum Solicitor who has management experience to join our Brighton team. You will provide staff management and supervision for the Immigration and Asylum team and ensure that all work complies with and meets Legal Aid contracts and BHT Sussex performance targets. You will also undertake specialist, legal advice, casework and representation for BHT Sussex clients in asylum and immigration matters in relation to an existing casework allocation. Through your work in our busy and committed asylum and immigration team you will be contributing to the provision of a high quality free legal service to some of the most disadvantaged and marginalised members of the community.
To be successful in the role of Team Leader / Solicitor you will need to have great communication skills and be committed to the values of the organisation. Some of the key skills and experience you will need to bring with you include:
- Qualified Solicitor, and Law Society Accredited Senior Immigration Case Worker and Supervisor
- Experience of advising on all areas of Asylum and Immigration law
- Experience of undertaking casework under a Legal Aid contract
- Experience of delivering effective staff management: meeting performance targets, maintaining quality standards, developing staff skills and demonstrating excellent teamwork
- Knowledge of SRA, OISC, and Law Society Regulations
- Experience of providing support/personal supervision/appraisals to Immigration and Asylum Advisers
- Qualified to undertake legal file supervision
In recognition of our commitment to staff, BHT Sussex has been awarded Gold Accreditation from Investors in People. We are also signed up to the Disability Confident employer scheme and have made the Mental Health at Work commitment.
You will also receive a fantastic benefits package including:
- 5.5% stakeholder pension scheme and life assurance scheme
- Healthcare cash plan with Medicash
- Free and confidential employee assistance helpline for both personal and work-related concerns
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free new starter 30-day Brighton bus pass
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 days per annum pro rata, rising 1 day for each year of service to a maximum of 32 days pro rata
- The opportunity to participate in well-being and fundraising activities throughout the year
BHT Sussex is an equal opportunities employer using a fair and open recruitment process that fully complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to encouraging equality, equity, inclusion, and diversity within the workplace.
- Document Date
- Monday October 2, 2023